Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day

We participated in Earth Day today..........well sort of! I think we all need to do our part to protect our environment by being a good steward of the things we have been given and not using our resources recklessly. So today when we headed out to Walgreens to get our free reusable shopping bag, we walked. Now, it is less than a mile away, but it felt good to hoof it instead of taking the van. When we first moved here we had only one car for 5 months so we walked quite a bit more. If we dropped Chris off at the pool for practice in the morning so the kids and I could have the car he would walk the mile to the school and back again for afternoon practice. Of course, when you have access to the ease of the transportation, you fall back into your normal ways.


So, this is what we got on our trip:


I didn't have any register reward (rr) dollars or money on my gift card to use, so I paid out of pocket (oop).
Transaction #1- Edge Shave gel- paid $3.23 oop, received $3 rr
Transaction #2- Used a coupon I received last night via email for 15% off and a free bag
4 cans of pringles, store coupon 2/$3= $6, used 2 $1 of 2 coupons
Dawn- store coupon made it $.85 used 1 $.25 coupon
Used $3 rr from transaction #1, paid $.54 oop
So, not my best shopping trip, but no too bad either!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey Katie...somehow I lost the link to your blog and missed a lot of posts - the kids have grown up so much!!

the swimmer said...

hey katie - what's up with you lately?? We miss your updates! Hope all is well!!