Thursday, April 10, 2008

This Week at CVS

This was a good week at CVS, however, I am struggling a bit in this process because it seems I have to purchase things I wouldn't typically in order to keep my Extra Care Bucks balance up. This week it was make-up! Now, I enjoy make-up but I don't wear it all that often and I tend to go for a powder foundation, especially during the summer. But, purchasing the make-up gave me $2.50 (after cost of purchase). So, now I am looking to determine how to best use these products that I don't need. I know some folks hold on to them for yard sales, however, I would prefer to donate them as I didn't really pay anything for them. So, I plan to put everything in a box to go through every few months and then determine where I can bless others with them. For the make-up, I was thinking of a women's shelter. Granted, they have much bigger needs, but maybe I can meet a want!

So, here is a break-down of yesterday's trip. Sorry that I don't have a picture. Our camera is almost dead, so I am holding off on pictures until we have enough reward points on our Mastercard to "purchase" a new one!

2 Packs of Huggies Pull-Ups for $8.99
Used 2 $2/1 coupons

1 Pack of Huggies Diapers for $8.99
Used 1 $1.50/1 coupon

From above, I generated $10 in ECB for the Baby Spend $25 get $10 ECB

2 Covergirl True Blend Whipped Makeup for $9.49
Used B1G1 coupon
Generated $12 in ECB, $6 for each

1 Pepsid Easy Chew 25 Count for $7.99
Used $2/1 coupon
Generated $5 ECB
I will be sending off for a rebate of $5.50

What I paid:
Used $16.99 in manufacturer coupons
Use CVS generated coupon that I got at the bottom of last week's receipt for $10 off $50 purchase.
Used $22.97 in ECB.
I paid $5.33 out of pocket (which will be covered completely after I receive the Pepsid rebate).

I currently have $27 in ECB (all from the above).

2 comments:

Kristin said...

WHOA> So don't understand but how fabulous! LOL! Will come over and tutor me?! MUST GET SUNDAY PAPER.
Love, Kristin

Jennifer said...

Hi Katie! I am not sure if you are aware of the Rite Aid Single Check Rebates...I have gotten so many toiletries for free! Check out the Rite Aid ad in the Sunday paper!