Monday, April 21, 2008

Shopping this Week

I must say that this week's shopping trip was discouraging. I spent way more than I expected and haven't yet sat down with the budget to determine how this will effect the rest of the month. I did shop the sales, but didn't use many coupons. I started with a bare freezer and zero meat, so I knew that I wouldn't get out cheap. And I was feeling like I had been ran over by a train as I am really feeling the symptoms of allergies! DH reminded me that I am doing my best and I will become more efficient as time goes on.

I ended up going to 5 stores (way more than I had planned). I will not post everything I bought, just enough to give you an idea.

Sam's- I really still think this is the best overall place to get meat and milk. Sometimes I can find meat cheaper on sale, but I am never as happy with the quality. My Sam's total was $93.78 and I got 2 gallons skim milk, 2 half-gallons 2% organic milk, huge box of baby wipes (should last through the summer and into when we start needed them for Dawson), bread, clementines, frozen broccoli, ground turkey, veggie burgers, meatballs, pork chops and chicken. The meat will last us more than a month and hopefully, I can replenish the supply slowly and not run out all at once! Although I gasped at the total, I really got a lot!

Kroger- Didn't get any great deals here, just lots little things. Total was $44.74.

Cville Market- My favorite place for produce. Total was $15.23. Included a 5 pound bag of potatoes and our favorite treat, Voortman cookies!

Asian food market- Just some sesame oil and fish sauce for various recipes, total $3.60.

Food Lion- There were a few things I missed at Kroger...total was $15.66.

Overall:
Grocery Total: $159.51 (yikes, over half our budget for the month, let's see how we make it till May 15)
Ella Total (just wipes, we have a different budget line for this): $13.50

0 comments: