Thursday, April 10, 2008

Update

Once again, I was out of the blog world. Although I like to blog, I just can't make it a priority. So, no stress here, how freeing! I guess I will get to it when I can, which just happens to be today.

We have had a very crazy couple of weeks. On Good Friday we were traveling to Michigan and ran into a snow storm. Chris is wonderful at driving in the snow and was doing everything right when we were cut off by a car that was driving aggressively. Our car began to fish tail and on the fifth or sixth time we hit the rumble strips and rolled into the median. It was so scary! We were protected by God's angels as he promises in Psalm 91:11, "For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways."

There are so many things I am thankful for concerning this accident...I would like to address a few.
~Moments before the accident I sat up straight and adjusted my seat belt under my belly so the baby would be safe if anything were to happen.
~We landed on all four wheels, not on a side or upside down.
~We didn't hit any other cars, AMAZING!
~We left the dogs in Roanoke with my parents.
~We were all incredibly okay!
~God placed a van from the towing company right beside of us at a stoplight when we were looking for the lot so we could follow. Please note, it was snowing and we were in a strange town and had terrible directions.
~Our insurance settlement was much better than we expected so we were able to purchase a van that I can't imagine we would ever have been able to buy.
~Chris spent 2 days with his dad looking for a vehicle and felt extremely supported.
~We returned home to wonderful friends (Thanks Melissa, Jennifer, Dana, Amy, Laurie and Alison) who made dinner for us for a week while we got everything back together, did insurance paperwork and dealt with unexpected emotions.

We are happy to be home and getting back to normal life. We saw God at work through this entire situation and although we would never want to re-live it, we wouldn't change the past!

0 comments: