Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fabulous Food Friday (ok I know it is Wednesday)

This is my favorite fall treat. I had been craving it for weeks, but it just wasn't cool enough to make it. The temperatures finally dropped and the weekend had the crisp air of Fall, so it was time. I don't have this recipe written down, so it may not be the original, but it worked and was yummy!


Pumpkin Dump Cake (aka Laura's dessert, which is a recipe she was given by Marianne)


Mix one large can of pumpkin pie mix, one can of sweetened condensed milk and 3 eggs. Dump in a lightly greased 9x11 inch pan. Sprinkle with one yellow cake mix. Melt 1 and 1/2 sticks of butter and drizzle over cake mix. You can add chopped pecans before the butter if you wish.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Serve warm. With ice cream or whipped cream for a real treat!

1 comments:

Danielle Moss said...

Hi Katie,

Thanks so much for stopping by! I really appreciate it, and am glad to meet another reader.

I love that you add a weekly recipe. I am working on my weekly favorite things. I need to get that up now. I have a great new favorite.

I'd add recipes, but I don't have too many. Did you ever see my recipe for baked cavatelli? I definitely recommend it. It's great!

Looking forward to many more recipes. This pumpkin one sounds good. :)

Danielle