Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Thankful Thursday (combined this week and last)

I have so much to be thankful for, yet I know I take it all for granted. These posts are a wonderful way to remember all the ways I am blessed.

I am so thankful that Ashleigh, Cathy and I took the infant and child CPR class a couple of Saturdays ago. I thought I would never have to use what I learned. Yesterday, Ella choked on some goldfish and I have to use my newly learned techniques. She has swallowed wrong before, but nothing like this... She did the universal choking sign and it was clear that she was distressed. I picked her up and did the Heimlich. It took two times for the clump of goldfish to come up. Very scary!

I am thankful that my husband doesn't have to travel often. He was away on Monday night and I did not enjoy it one bit. I feel for all of you that have to play "single mom" while your husband travels for work. It is hard work to be the sole caretaker of a little one(s).

I am also thankful for my husband. This past weekend he realized my need for a break and planned a night out. We rarely go out and it is a real splurge in our budget, but I have been in a transition mode as I am watching a little boy every day and I just needed some time with just my husband. We went to PF Chang's and enjoyed an awesome dinner!

4 comments:

the swimmer said...

I'm so proud of you for doing the Heimlich on Ella! And so glad that we went to that class.

I hope we never need to use it again!

The Curly Redhead said...

Our sweet girl! How terrifying... the kind of thing that you MOVE in the moment and then have the shakes off and on the rest of the day. I'm glad everyone is okay and that Mr. V.S. adores his wife (which is clear for everyone to see).

3 Peanuts said...

Katie,

So glad you took the class and that Ella is okay!

You can change the dates of your posts too. At the bottom click on post options. Sometimes...I'll write a thankful thursday on a tuesday when Kate is napping or after the kiddos are in bed and change the post date/time and post it on Thrusday. Does that make sense? I cannot always do them on the actual day either. Too mnay kiddos to tend to:)

Kim

Ken Ferguson said...

Adding our thanks...that Ella is OK, that you knew how to handle the situation, and that you decided to take on that little boy. Maybe we need to start some evening babysitting swaps...