Friday, September 7, 2007

Fabulous Food Friday

Each Friday I am planning to post a favorite recipe or shopping tip. I am on a quest to master my food budget (which I typically overspend) so I am always looking for new ways to save time and money and great, easy recipes.

Today I have a favorite recipe which I made for our at home date night last Sunday evening.


Barbecue Roasted Salmon

Combine 1/4 cup pineapple juice, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and 4 (6oz) salmon fillets in a zip-lock bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Remove fish from bag; discard marinade. Combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 4 teaspoons chili powder, 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl. Rub over fish; place in an 11x7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

**Don't try to skimp by not using fresh lemon. I tried once because I didn't have a lemon on hand and I noticed the difference.

***Great with my favorite wine, Our Dog Blue from Chateau Morrisette on the parkway near Floyd, VA.

4 comments:

The Curly Redhead said...

No comments yet! Well, I'm the first today. The salmon recipe looks great - where do you buy your salmon? (It's me, Pip)

Katie said...

I got it from Sam's. It was a bit of a splurg for my grocery budget. It was the bag of frozen and it will be 3-4 meals for Chris and I. The pieces are large enough to split! Considering that it was frozen, I was very happy with it!

the swimmer said...

Sounds delicious! Looking forward to more recipes!

3 Peanuts said...

Sounds yummy:)

Kim